Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Monday, April 17, 2006

let's start from the beginning


Well, maybe not. As you can see from the snapshot, THAT would take far too long. Snort. So let's start from about a year ago. A year ago, I was creatively blocked. To be specific, writer's block. Even though I had always loved to write, I wrote less and less often, and finally didn't write at all. Then one day, on impulse, I decided to answer a friend's e-mail using the voice of my kitty girl, Kazumi Joy. And to my surprise, it was not only easy, but also incredibly fun. It just felt, so, freeing. After exchanging a few of those e-mails my friend remarked how much he enjoyed them. The voice was different he said: more fun, spontaneous, light-hearted, and definitely more relaxed.

That experience made me decide to start a blog using the voice of KJ. Soon after, I discovered Catster.com and began a diary there instead. She's been writing for almost a year now (okay, it's really me, but I like to pretend), and it's been a wonderful experience. So much so that I've decided I'm ready to write in my own voice again. Well, Kazumi's voice IS my voice of course, but you know what I mean.

This blog is going to include both new stuff and older material. The older material will consist of humour columns that have appeared in other places (namely a website I took down as its template format just didn't seem to accommodate the columns well) and newer stuff that will include anything else that happens to strike my fancy. Hope you enjoy!

And of course, don't forget to read my cat's diary as well. *Wink*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home