Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Monday, May 29, 2006

hot, hazy, humid

Three of my least favourite words. At 6:30pm, the temperature was 33C (91F) and the humidity made it feel like a horrifying 41C (too high to even contemplate converting into Fahrenheit). The average temperature for this time of year is about 22C, and thankfully, it's supposed to return to that by Friday. But in the meantime? Well, I think the Wicked Witch of the West summed it up best when she said, "I'm melting! Melting!" And it's only May. Sigh.

Now those of you who personally know me know that I'm not a big fan of summer. In fact, if I could get Mother Nature to wave a magic wand and tell Canadians that she will no longer ridiculously spoil us with four seasons and that from now on we can only have three, I'd opt to get rid of summer. Yep, in a second, and I wouldn't miss it at all. I even wrote a humour column once about How Much I Really Detest Summer (appropriately titled On Why I Hate Summer), and considered posting it here today, but given that it's still May (May!), I shall wait. But not for long, so watch for it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps we could arrange to swap countries for the next 3 months or so. It was only 4C (yes, four!) here last night and as you said it's only May! I expect we shall have snow, ice, blizzards and avalanches this winter. No, I'm not being a drama queen. What makes you say that?? Heh heh heh.

May 31, 2006 2:01 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Yes, let's swap. I'm serious! As soon as I get my passport renewed, I'll let you know....

May 31, 2006 11:24 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home