Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Monday, July 17, 2006

going once, going twice, sold!




I've sold stuff before on eBay, but thought I'd try Craigslist and Kijiji this time, as those online methods are more direct. You post your items, say how much you want for them, and if you're lucky, someone will come and whisk away said items right after plonking down some Cold Hard Cash in your eager outstretched hands. And it worked! Even though I'd gotten a bit worried after not getting any nibbles for the first five days, it only took one person on the 6th day, and voilĂ , the breadboxes are no longer mine. What I like about it too is that there's no waiting until the auction is over, no trying to figure out how much shipping is going to cost, let alone what to ship it in, and no packing! Yep, I will definitely try to sell more stuff online this way, and as a quasi-recovering garage sale/thrift-store junkie, I have enough items to keep me busy selling for months. Years, maybe.

Isn't that turquoise blue a lovely colour though? (Okay, it looks more like a light baby powder blue in the photo, but really, it's turquoise. A beautiful deep turquoise.) I have to admit, if it didn't take up so much room, I'm not sure if I would have wanted to part with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home