Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Monday, June 19, 2006

the ten keys to success

1. curiosity
2. decisiveness
3. perseverance
4. empathy
5. flexibility
6. follow-through
7. humour
8. intelligence
9. optimism
10. respect

I like this list. I really do, regardless of what I say in the next entry. Snort. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly where it's from, although I might have read it in Julie Jansen's I Don't Know What I Want, But I Know It's Not This.

4 Comments:

Blogger Country Dweller said...

When temperatures are in the nineties, 80% of succes is showing up, I think.

June 20, 2006 6:14 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Absolutely! And when it's 90 or above, keys # 3, 5, 7 and 9 are even more essential, whereas for me, keys # 2, 4, 6 and (most unfortunately) #7 seem to fly right out the window!

June 20, 2006 6:55 p.m.

 
Blogger Country Dweller said...

I see what you mean. I like figures and numbers written in letters, the small ones at least up to twenty and the round ones up to 101. But I thought ‘80%’ looked funnier in the short sentence. ‘Eighty percent’ isn’t as funny, I think. Can’t blame the heat. It’s the brain, I’m afraid.

June 21, 2006 11:29 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

I'm the opposite. I tend to like numbers and figures not written out in letters, although I think that grammatically you're supposed to. But to me it just doesn't have the same impact.

Oh, and I blame the heat for everything if I can. At least, whatever I can get away with! When it's 90 degrees or higher, my whole system stops functioning.

June 22, 2006 12:06 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home