Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Saturday, November 04, 2006

tell me again

Is there anything worse when shopping than trying to find a well-fitting bra?

Snort.

As you may recall, after an ill-fated bra-shopping expedition a few weeks ago, I ended up lopping off the hook part of an old bra and sewing it on to the new one. Well! After a few days I realized that this action, however resourceful I thought it was at the time, didn't quite do the trick. My bra was still too tight, so I decided to undo the sewing and return it to its rightful home. Back on the bus to Sears I went, determined to buy one that fit properly this time. After another hour of looking and fitting (all the while thinking longingly of other things I could be doing) I found one that seemed to fit the bill, and after a week of constantly fidgeting with it as it too felt too snug, I am happy to report that I barely feel it at all now.

I'm also pleased to be able to tell you that after checking my Sears card statement and discovering that they'd forgotten to reimburse the original $5 coupon, they agreed to credit my next statement, and that my new too-big-at-size-7-but-I've-only-had-one-blister-so-far shoes are serving me well enough.

The moral of this post? I don't know, other than it's a lot of work breaking in a garment that most people won't even see! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home