Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

super duper doc


Watched Super Size Me by filmmaker Morgan Spurlock the other day, and I dare you to watch this DVD and not have it change, if not your own eating habits, the way you feed your kids. Now I've never been a big fan of McDonald's anyway simply because I don't think their food tastes that great, but it wouldn't surprise me if I never eat their food again after watching this. And while the movie's great, what's really fascinating is the bonus material. The interview with Eric Schlosser convinced me to put Fast Food Nation on my reading list, and the science experiment conducted in The Smoking Fry alone would be worth the cost of renting this DVD. Better yet, borrow it from the library like I did.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cats Corner said...

Just gives me one more reason NOT to eat McDonalds. Ick.

August 16, 2006 3:50 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Ick is right. Oh, and years ago, my brother (a truck driver at one point) stopped eating Kentucky Fried Chicken after making deliveries to them. All he would say was, "If you've seen what I've seen, you wouldn't either."

Thanks for stopping by!

August 16, 2006 6:31 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home