Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

on the hottest day of the year so far


And what is my crazy certifiably insane neighbour doing? Yep, mowing the sidewalk. See all that grass on his property? Takes him three hours to cut and trim. Three! Oh, that includes cleaning up the sidewalk with a mower instead of sweeping, as normal folk tend to do. I'd talk to him about it, but we're not quite on speaking terms.

Me? I'm sitting with my feet in a basin of cold water while I type, a glass of cold lemonade within reach, and two small fans trying their darndest.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, is it me or is his grass kinda brown or missing? 3 hours! I have more grass than he does and it takes me like 20-30 minutes. That's just crazy. He must have a special mower if it cleans his sidewalk too. Maybe he attached a vacuum to it so it vacuums up the dirt? lol. Just think... only 2 more months till colder weather (well at least where I live it's another 2 months).

August 01, 2006 6:00 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I want to know is where is your beautiful muse while you sip lemonade and chill your cakes? hee hee

oh wait, that Mr. Mower man would probably scare her with that mean mower of his! heh heh

*anonymous*

August 03, 2006 1:41 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Hi rainmonkey03,

Yep, there's a lot of grass missing. And nope, no special attachment—just air to get rid of whatever ended up on the sidewalk. The noise wouldn't bother me so much, if I knew it HAD to take three hours. Ah October, it can't get here soon enough!

August 03, 2006 10:37 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Dear *anonymous* (snort, as if I don't recognize your voice!):

The beautiful muse (as you may have guessed) was hiding underneath the bed. Just as well, since it probably was the coolest place!

August 03, 2006 10:40 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I hadn't seen it, I - well, I would have believed you, but I'm glad I saw it. TOO FUNNY! (when you're not the one living across the street from it).

May 11, 2007 4:48 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

It IS funny, isn't it? Snort. So glad I was able to take a pic! Wish my camera had sound on the movie setting though, so I could capture his whistling as well. ;)

May 11, 2007 10:59 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home