Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

experiment gone awry


In a previous post I was discussing my love of windows, and relating that to my fascination with eyes. Well, I thought it'd be interesting (although a bit daunting not knowing what sort of impression you'd get) to show you what my eyes look like. Now being the private person that I am, I didn't want to reveal too much of my face, and therein lay the problem. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to take a picture of your eyes accurately? I tried this way, and that way, finally taking my glasses off as they caused too much of a reflection, and by the time I ended up taking this one (I just couldn't seem to get one that had both my eyes centred properly) was laughing almost uncontrollably. That is, after I'd gotten over the shock of remembering that the picture you see of yourself on camera is never what you see in the mirror. A little like how the voice you hear of yourself on tape is never what you hear inside your head. But I'm glad I did this because it made me realize that my eyebrows weren't tweezed symmetrically! And that my one eye is bigger than the other. Snort.

Anyway, the eye you see above comes with the requisite crowfeet and wrinkles (proof that I've laughed a lot over the years), and a red line I've had for at least a decade which I initially considered Visining away until I read on the bottle that one of the possible side effects was more redness! Other than that, I'll leave it up to you to determine what my eye tells you. But I would highly recommend that you try this experiment yourself, as it was both telling and amusing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cats Corner said...

Hmmmmm welllll, dont know what to think. *giggle* All I can see is a big red X where your eye is suppose to be.

October 04, 2006 5:21 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

How strange. My eye is there, I swear! But I think I'll have to upload a different profile pic, as I'm tired of seeing THAT red X.

October 04, 2006 6:59 p.m.

 
Blogger Pieces said...

Your description of the process is funny! I'll have to give it a try.

October 05, 2006 1:25 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home