Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Friday, October 13, 2006

world egg day

Who knew? And who decides these things anyway?

I like eggs, but only brown ones. And even though I KNOW better, brown eggs seem tastier, healthier, and just, well, nicer.

The point of this post? Um, none really, but have an egg today!

Wait! I just remembered something.

Did you know that eggs, in part, were responsible for my early feminism? Snort. Yep, eggs were to blame. You see, when I was growing up, money was tight and there were four other siblings to be fed, so whenever mom didn't quite have enough meat to go around she'd boil eggs for the GIRLS so there'd be enough meat for the BOYS. Grrrr. Oh, and I had to make up the beds of my three brothers, because, well, they were boys, and boys didn't HAVE to do housework. Grrrr again. My arguments that this treatment was sexist and unfair fell on deaf ears, and I swore that when I grew up I'd eat meat any time I liked. And that if I had kids of my own I'd teach them ALL to make their own bed.

Eggs and beds. Who knew what they could lead to? :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Keiser said...

Happy Egg Day!

I hope you got all the meat you wanted to eat today.

October 14, 2006 3:12 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Thanks keiser!

Yep, had a lovely oven roast....

October 15, 2006 3:40 p.m.

 
Blogger Sharon L. Holland said...

A colleague once told me that his mother installed a urinal in their bathroom because she had three sons and got tired of cleaning the grossness they left on the floor. He thought this was perfectly reasonable. It never occurred to him that maybe the boys should clean up after themselves. That's a woman's job.

And now I want to ask him if his mother ate eggs instead of meat, too.

October 31, 2006 10:36 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

hi veronica,

My mom had a bathroom made in the basement for the men-folk (I don't remember being in there much so probably my mom or sister was in charge of cleaning it), and I still think that was a great idea!

November 04, 2006 7:33 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home