Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Saturday, March 10, 2007

weather

Canadians (and permanent residents) are a bit obsessed with the weather. How do we prove this? By finding it very difficult to have ANY conversation without at least throwing in some reference to what's going on outdoors. Maybe because we enjoy such variability in our glorious four seasons, or maybe because we're conversationally-challenged. ;) (Yes, living in this country allows me to make fun of our tendencies, snort.) Either way, to make sure you don't feel left out, I've managed to add (don't ask me how, lol) a nice little weather box in the side-bar so that you know EXACTLY what kind of weather is going on, right here, right now. Feel free to discuss it with me. I have experience. :)

(note to self: stop using blog as procrastination tool)

8 Comments:

Blogger Dakota said...

Wow! I like it :) -1, that’s cold ;)

March 11, 2007 5:52 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Germans are the same way talking about weather. Hmmmm, U.S. Americans, too come to think of it. ... Cool weather icon. I saw one of those on Catster friend Lisa's page. I'm still not used to celcius. -2 (your current local temp) seems agonizing to me. truly, it's not a picnic in farenheit, though either.

March 11, 2007 7:40 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Yeah, spring is not quite here yet. Unfortunately I had to choose between either Celsius or Fahrenheit although I've seen some boxes on blogs display both. Just for a rough comparison, 0C is about 32F, 10C is about 50F, 20C is about 70F, and anything above 30C (86F) makes me positively cranky indeed. Maxine cranky shall we say. Snort.

March 11, 2007 7:08 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea KJM. Now I don't have to go to another website to check out just how cold it is with you! :-)). We don't so much talk about weather in general, just rain in particular. Of which there is none :-((.

March 11, 2007 9:08 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! to the over 86* thing. I'd even go so far as to say over 82*. .. Sorry you don't get rain down under Mum. Almost everywhere I've lived there is a very healthy rainy season. Even in So. California, it rained a good deal of October/November if I remember correctly. There's nothing, and I mean nothing like a good ol' Midwestern (US) thunderstorm. Pure beauty of the senses; sight, sound and scent. Just amazing.

March 12, 2007 8:06 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On May 1 it looks like we'll go to Stage 4 water restrictions Krissa. No watering the garden at all (at the moment I can water Tuesdays and Saturdays because I'm in an even numbered house, odd numbers water Wednesdays and Sundays). Even if we get steady rain for months it's unlikely that the restrictions will be either downgraded or lifted until 2008. So 'bucketeers' we soon will be (catching the water from the shower in buckets until the temperature gets to where you want it).

March 12, 2007 8:55 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Happy to oblige mum! ;)

Sorry to hear about the restrictions. :(

March 13, 2007 12:08 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. And I thought things were "rough" in Germany. (Some people save water from household chores to use to flush the toilet...but that seems to be not happening so much as it apparently used to). And Germans don't even have a shortage of water!

March 13, 2007 8:46 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home