Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Sunday, May 14, 2006

a review of rules

Just finished reading RULES FOR THE UNRULY: living an UNCONVENTIONAL life, and quite enjoyed it. Written by Marion Winik, her rules for the unruly include:

1. the path is not straight
2. mistakes need not be fatal
3. people are more important than possessions
4. be gentle with your parents
5. never stop doing what you care about most
6. learn to use a semicolon
7. you will find love

Chapters 5 and 6 spoke to me the most, but all the chapters/rules are worthwhile reading. The book, based on a talk she gave at her old high school, deserves a wider audience of all ages. Here, check it out at Amazon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Country Dweller said...

I more or less gave up on number six. If you make it, please write a note.

May 15, 2006 3:47 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

LOL

Well, my Grammar check constantly tells me I'm NOT using it properly; but I love the idea of two sentences equally balanced nonetheless. If only I could structure my life in a similar way!

May 15, 2006 7:07 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home