Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

mornings

I love mornings. Part of it is the joy (peculiar perhaps) of compiling my to-do lists. (My cat, by the way, made fun of this daily habit in one of her diary entries, and if you're interested, you can read her point of view about it here.) Plural because I found that one list was not sufficient. Well, that's not quite accurate as that almost makes it sound like I accomplish a lot, which is definitely not the case. I just find it easier to divide it into three separate lists: anything related to trying to find Paid Work, anything I consider Creative Work, and everything else conveniently lumped into Other. Ah, the beauty of items scratched out by the end of the day, and the daily (usually unjustified) early morning hope and optimism that I can achieve anything and everything as long as I clearly, and neatly, write it all down. Above all, I savour the promise of a whole day spread out before me. And letting it unfold slowly.

"It is worth everything to me to feel the morning opening gently, not to be hurried, not to push myself from one kind of response to another at top speed." —MAY SARTON

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon L. Holland said...

One of the things I miss most since I had children is a quiet, peaceful morning, preparing to meet my day. It's nice to know someone still has those.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

May 05, 2006 4:15 p.m.

 
Blogger Pieces said...

I know exactly what you mean--the hopefullness and possibility of a neatly written to-do list--what could be better?

Oh, I know, a neatly written list with everything crossed off of it--that's what is better!

Thanks for linking to my blog! Your headless tulip inspired my entry for tomorrow!

May 07, 2006 10:59 p.m.

 
Blogger Pieces said...

Too many exclamation points. :)

May 07, 2006 11:01 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

You're welcome. I enjoyed your entry, but gasped when I read that one of my FAVOURITE flowers had fallen victim!

May 09, 2006 3:43 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home