Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

in need of a good workout?

One in which you can feel all your major muscle groups the next day AND a few minor ones you forgot you even had? Would you also like a guaranteed good night's sleep? And what, you ask, might this magical exercise be? Scrubbing. Yep, try scrubbing a kitchen floor inch by inch on your hands and knees for a few hours (the bigger and dirtier the floor the better), and you too can derive all the benefits described above. Snort.

Rather not? I don't blame you. I wouldn't have done it either except for the fact that I got paid to do it, and was the one silly enough to suggest it in the first place. But it really needed it! Will I do it again though? Nope. One heavy-duty scrubbing per floor per client is my new policy.

I'm also starting to wonder if I should hang up my cleaning gloves and become a "coach" instead. You know, teach people how they can easily, quickly, and efficiently clean their own homes rather than having me do it for them. Hmmm, now there's a thought!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the floor wasn't much better than the litter pan, eh? .. Years ago, my sis-in-law and I thought about having a cleaning service. We didn't. ... You ever go into an office ladies room and think, "if they treat the bathroom here like this, I wonder what their house looks like?" :)

November 21, 2006 11:14 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Hi Krissa,

Well, it wasn't AS bad as the litterbox, snort, but in keeping with my "don't clean and tell" policy (in public anyway, LOL), I had better not say any more. *wink*

November 21, 2006 9:44 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

;) ... second attempt to post. (1st attempt resulted in a crash). ... in the past i thought that there was a similar holiday in canada to the u.s. thanksgiving and that it was a different time of year. now i hear i'm maybe wrong about that? if so, happy thanksgiving a day early! ...

November 22, 2006 9:47 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Hi Krissa,

Crashing—ugh!

Yes, we do celebrate Thanksgiving here, but a month earlier. It was on October 9th this year, but personally I like the fact that it's not as close to Christmas as in the US. It spreads the cheer!

November 22, 2006 4:02 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home