Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

it wasn't my imagination!




According to an article in today's local paper, Southern Ontario usually gets about 132 hours of sun in the first 18 days of April. This year we got a whole 32. Yep, we were robbed of 100 hours of sun! It was also cold, dark and wet. No wonder I felt sun-deprived. Or that my lone tulip didn't grow as fast as last year. So in hopes that it won't meet the same fate and be cruelly decapitated once again, I took a shot of the bulb while it's still nestled safely within.

And see the daffodil? I have no idea where this orphan came from either, but maybe it wanted to keep the tulip company even though it's on the other side of the garden. Hmmm, will anything new show up next year?

Well folks, it's gonna be a beautiful sunny weekend here, and I'm going to enjoy every second of it!

6 Comments:

Blogger Bogdan, the editor said...

Aw. Lucky! It's raining here. Has been on and off since Thursday!

I'll send good flower vibes to your tulip.

-Jennifer

April 22, 2007 3:42 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Thanks! I'll see if I can send some sun your way. :)

April 22, 2007 4:17 p.m.

 
Blogger Dakota said...

I love the way nature can surprise you with free gifts (a.k.a bulbs, flowers and shrubs). I have all sorts of things growing in my garden that I didn’t plant. Hooray!

I hope the tulip appreciates the company and start to bloom soon :)

April 23, 2007 8:06 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty flower! :) I hope the tulip comes in soon. ... I like what you said about free gifts from Nature, Dakota. :) That's really nice.

April 23, 2007 8:21 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

I agree Krissa. I like what Dakota said too! :)

p.s. I'm anxiously awaiting to see what colour the tulip is -- hope I get to find out this year!

April 23, 2007 9:01 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any Tulip updates? (I hope it's.....Yellow!) ha ha

April 24, 2007 8:26 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home