Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Friday, May 04, 2007

art is good for the heart

in the bathroom

in my kitchen

and in my computer room!

There's a sale at our local Hamilton Art Gallery this weekend, which I'm hoping to get to although a part of me thinks I shouldn't tempt myself. I'm only allowed to window shop, but have gotten into trouble before at various art shows when I've made that vow, LOL. Still, if I leave the credit cards at home there's little real danger this time. And since I enjoy the pieces of original art I already have, I thought I'd share my three favourites with you. They're bright, cheerful, whimsical, full of life (the artist paints in such a way that the pictures seem almost animated), and they make me happy. The last reason is the best reason, in my opinion, to buy art because even though these paintings are the only thing of any real monetary value in my humble abode (literally everything else is second-hand) and could be considered a future financial investment, I'd never sell them anyway. They're mine. ALL MINE. But you're welcome to have a look. ;)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the colors!! Those are really nice. Who is the artist? He/she is great!

May 05, 2007 6:54 a.m.

 
Blogger Bogdan, the editor said...

I love how everything is dancing! The coffee cups especially... I'm sooooo picking up some dancing coffee on the way to work today!

- Jennifer

May 05, 2007 3:03 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Thanks! They really brighten up all three rooms. Oops, should have mentioned the artist! Her name is Vanya Ryan, a local painter not too far from Hamilton.

Dancing is indeed the right term Jennifer. Hey, is the trio back yet? :)

May 05, 2007 9:15 p.m.

 
Blogger Bogdan, the editor said...

Hey! No kitties back home yet. The workers keep adding a day here, a day there on this or that. So it will be at least another week. AHHH!

By the way... that dancing coffee I bought on the way to work yesterday had me dancing. I think Starbucks loads their coffee with speed.

May 06, 2007 2:08 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Another week?! You must be going insane! :(

You know, I think of coffee in a whole new way now, and I can just see myself saying to someone, "What do you mean you don't have any dancing coffee?" :))

May 06, 2007 5:56 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home