Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

still can't believe it


The tulip bandit has struck again! I woke up this morning to see the awful sight above. The worst part is that it looked as if it was going to bloom soon (wish I'd taken another picture!), and the ironic part is that its life ended the same day it did last year.

There are lessons to be learned from all this I suppose, e.g., life is short, don't take anything for granted, etc., but I'm not really in the mood for lessons right now. Once again I have no idea of its colour (it was still hard to tell yesterday), so I've decided that it would have been a deep pink, like the luscious tulips in the post below.

Not sure if I'll still be here next year (you never know when renting), but if I am I won't be taking any chances. Come fall I'll plant a bunch of tulips of my own (safety in numbers?) and see what happens.

Aw, poor little tulip....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( sniff...what could have happened? and on the same exact day? how very sad. what a rotten way to start the day. ... i'm sorry. :(

May 02, 2007 8:13 a.m.

 
Blogger Dakota said...

Oh dear, {{hugs}} what’s going on? Do you have squirrels in your neighbourhood or some other animal that really loves tulips for breakfast? Sorry for your loss…..snif! :(

May 02, 2007 8:26 a.m.

 
Blogger Bogdan, the editor said...

R.I.P. little tulip.

May 02, 2007 3:12 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Thanks you guys! I was so disappointed yesterday morning when I first saw it, and it was indeed a sad way to start the day.

I think probably a squirrel got at it. The stem was still wet from being munched on! Yes, maybe if there are more of them next spring at least one of them will survive, so I'll definitely do some planting.

May 02, 2007 8:51 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home