Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Friday, May 18, 2007

shorn

Of hair that is. In a sort of science experiment gone mad, I decided to see what would happen if I didn't bother getting my really short hair cut for six months. Now that doesn't sound too wild, but you don't know my hair. Well! The results made even my hairdresser gasp today when I turned around and showed her the back of my head. I had somehow sprouted these enormous silver wings that while not looking too bad in front, appeared as if they were trying to escape out back but without a clue as to the direction for their emergency flight. Meanwhile, a disgruntled middle contingent of hair decided that they had had just about enough of this craziness and rose up en masse to leave. Yep, a whole section of hair had started curling upwards (I have naturally wavy hair) in the strangest-looking formation ever witnessed by any hair professional. I kid you not. That gasp I mentioned earlier was NOT just embellishment for comedic effect. It was a true, albeit horrified, appreciation for what my hair can do when left to its own devices. Snort. So, it finally came off today. My only regret is that I didn't think to take a photo first to show you just how rebellious my hair can be, and that I wasn't able to take a photo of the mounds of hair left on the floor. About three heads and six pounds worth! Well, that's what the hairdresser said. Who now regrets ever doubting me when I said my hair grows faster than the average person the first time I ended up in her shop. WAY faster. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is something I will never experience as my hair is the straightest and thinnest you can imagine. I have noticed that all the German women I know complain about their "wild" hair and how hard it is for them to make it behave. :) Too bad you didn't take a photo. :)

May 20, 2007 7:36 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Hmmm, maybe it's my European genes. Definitely my mom's genes as she has (or had when younger) the same thick wavy hair. Guess I can't complain! But yeah, didn't think of taking pics until I saw the hair on the floor. And then of course I whined about how my hair looked darker as she seemed to have cut off all the grey bits. ;)

May 20, 2007 7:58 p.m.

 
Blogger Dakota said...

Gray hairs lead a life of their own. I have a hardly any but mine are twice as thick as my normal hair (thin) and they grow in all directions. Preferably not the direction I want them to go. :(

It’s a real shame you forgot to take pictures, but how about a picture of your new hairdo? :)

May 23, 2007 5:04 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Oh you're so right about grey hairs Dakota! They're coarse and springy and have a life of their own. They really do behave differently than the other hairs. Mind you, I kind of admire their rebelliousness! :)

A picture eh? Guess I had that coming! Snort. I'll see what I can do in the weekend....

May 23, 2007 6:19 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

p.s. speaking of pictures, I haven't had a chance to go back to Flickr yet Dakota, but when I do I WILL go through your shots!

May 23, 2007 6:40 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home