Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Thursday, June 14, 2007

not done complaining yet

(and because it's kind of related to yesterday's Monday's post)

So last night I wanted to send my friend Krissa an eCard, and when I got to the site that I always use, discovered that they had changed the set-up and not for the better. What was really easy to navigate before suddenly wasn't, and what loaded properly before, now didn't. Grrrr!

But it got me to thinking that this happens with websites and different consumer products all the time. I can't tell you how often I've used a product for years and years and then ended up hating it after they've "improved" it. A specific example? Stayfree pads. The best pads around as far as I was concerned and then, poof, seemingly out of nowhere they decided to add deodorant to every single one. Tried one package and thought they stunk to high heaven. The problem though is that they scented ALL of them and no longer offered any without the (IMHO) offending odour. Now I understand that companies change their products once in a while to get new customers, but why alienate the ones you already have? In this case specifically, why not offer customers a choice and have both scented and unscented pads available? As it was, I discontinued a product that I liked very much and have yet to find something as good. But enough of feminine hygiene products. ;)

The other day I saw my soymilk with the label "new flavour" and I felt like yelling (but at whom?) that if I'm already buying the product it's obviously because I like the OLD flavour. So if you ever want to see me break out into a visible sweat, just hand me a favourite product that says NEW AND IMPROVED. Aaaack!


And, um, sorry about the unsent card Krissa. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's ok KJM. It's the thought that counts. :) ... You know, what these companies are probably doing is finding ways to manufacture the products for less money and then they call it new and improved and charge more money. Just a guess.

June 15, 2007 6:53 a.m.

 
Blogger Dakota said...

I totally agree, new and improved doesn’t necessarily mean it is better, most of the time it means things are actually worse :( Have you tried getting the unscented pads online? Most of the time those online stores buy in bulk so they have a lot (of the old product) in stock.

And why do they make scented pads anyway, I never figured that one out.

June 15, 2007 7:58 a.m.

 
Blogger Bogdan, the editor said...

I think men came up with the scented pads. I also had to switch brands years ago for that very same reason. Ha! With all of us all mad about it on here, I wonder why they are still made... Who buys them??

BUT. I do pitch this:
NEW and IMPROVED, BOGDAN! Now with no-bite, no-scratch technology.

June 15, 2007 12:39 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another thing, scented tampons and pads are probably dangerous. They use weird man-made chemicals to make the "scent". I've never tried any feminine product that is scented. I can't even use colored t.p. because I get a bad irritation from it. ... Very funny pitch for the new and improved Bogdan! :)

June 16, 2007 8:05 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Snort. Funny pitch indeed, but I can hardly imagine Bogdan needing improvment! :)

Good idea Dakota. I'll check it out. And I think you're right about the chemicals Krissa!

June 16, 2007 8:09 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home