Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

because I'm easily amused

A friend sent me the following email:

British Signs


Spotted in a toilet at a London office:
TOILET OUT OF ORDER. PLEASE USE FLOOR BELOW

In a laundromat:
AUTOMATIC WASHING MACHINES: PLEASE REMOVE ALL YOUR CLOTHES WHEN THE LIGHT GOES OUT

In a London department store:
BARGAIN BASEMENT UPSTAIRS

In an office:
WOULD THE PERSON WHO TOOK THE STEP LADDER YESTERDAY PLEASE BRING IT BACK OR FURTHER STEPS WILL BE TAKEN

In an office:
AFTER TEA BREAK STAFF SHOULD EMPTY THE TEAPOT AND STAND UPSIDE DOWN ON THE DRAINING BOARD

Outside a second-hand shop:
WE EXCHANGE ANYTHING - BICYCLES, WASHING MACHINES, ETC. WHY NOT BRING YOUR WIFE ALONG AND GET A WONDERFUL BARGAIN?

Notice in health food shop window:
CLOSED DUE TO ILLNESS

Spotted in a safari park:
ELEPHANTS PLEASE STAY IN YOUR CAR

Seen during a conference:
FOR ANYONE WHO HAS CHILDREN AND DOESN'T KNOW IT, THERE IS A DAY CARE ON THE FIRST FLOOR

Notice in a field:
THE FARMER ALLOWS WALKERS TO CROSS THE FIELD FOR FREE, BUT THE BULL CHARGES

Message on a leaflet:
IF YOU CANNOT READ, THIS LEAFLET WILL TELL YOU HOW TO GET LESSONS

On a repair shop door:WE CAN REPAIR ANYTHING. (PLEASE KNOCK HARD ON THE DOOR - THE BELL DOESN'T WORK)

10 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

These are very funny!!

August 08, 2007 1:21 a.m.

 
Blogger Findlay Furs said...

TOO FUNNY!
Thanks for brightening my day!

August 08, 2007 9:18 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Thanks guys. I'm more than happy to take full credit. ;)

Jon -- nice of you to stop by! :)

August 08, 2007 9:29 p.m.

 
Blogger Dakota said...

Thanks for the entertainment! Too funny :-D

August 09, 2007 10:21 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

My pleasure Dakota. :)

August 09, 2007 7:04 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok this is too funny! I thought the "bring your wife" one was the best, but then the "elephant stay in the car one" popped up...they are ALL funny though! I should copy/paste this because I know some people who will really like it.

August 10, 2007 12:43 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and the last one, that just goes without saying. :)

August 10, 2007 12:44 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Yeah, I thought they were all pretty amusing. :)

August 11, 2007 10:12 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remembered something...re: the "If you can't read" one, in NYC they had ads on the subway and stuff that said "If you can't read English, we can help...". I guess probably people who had relatives or friends that needed help passed the message on. ?

August 13, 2007 10:14 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Yeah, I would imagine so.

Not sure why, but your comment reminded me that one of the few words I always stumble on when saying out loud is "literacy" and the fact that I'm quite literate but just can't say it has always struck me as pretty funny. ;)

August 13, 2007 9:26 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home