Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

what NOT to do

Remember that helpful tip Krissa had about putting the shampoo in the fridge to stop it from melting in the summer heat? Well, I MEANT to do that right away, but of course got sidetracked and never did. So, before taking my bath today I cleverly decided to put it in the freezer instead to speed up the process. I knew it wouldn't be in there long, and was quite pleased with myself for coming up with this perfectly reasonable solution.

[Okay, you can stop snickering now, because even though I know you KNOW what happened next, I'm going to pretend you don't and tell you anyway.]

Well! Guess what? I got sidetracked once again, and ended up not taking that bath for several hours. I also promptly forgot about the shampoo. Yep, instead of melted goo, I ended up with a bottle of frozen gunk. Can you picture the look on my face when I realized what I'd done?

[Oh all right, laugh at me now if you want. Heck, let it all out. Snort.]

But think about it. Isn't this just typical? Too hot, or too cold. Where's that happy medium?! ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Dakota said...

ROFL! Again….. too funny ;-)

Oops, sorry about that. I really do feel for you :-)

August 09, 2007 10:26 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Snort. No problem. In fact, it's my pleasure!

August 09, 2007 7:11 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're ahead of the game, because I thought it exploded! ... If your fridge is pretty good, then maybe you should even get/use an "igloo" lunchbox and put the stuff in there and then put that in the fridge. Our fridge in Brooklyn was old and not the best so it was ideal for keeping products at the correct temp. :) Sorry your shampoo got ruined. :(

August 10, 2007 12:38 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Oh, I just let the shampoo melt again and then put it in the fridge this time. And had some room temperature (i.e. runny) back-up shampoo that I used for that particular bath. So no worries. ;)

August 11, 2007 10:17 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home