Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Friday, January 26, 2007

love this photo


Taken by a talented local photographer, that church is about a twenty-minute walk down my street. My street! See where the car is climbing the hill? I walk on that sidewalk all the time, but now when I do I try to figure out exactly where and how the photo was taken. I love the black and white, and get drawn in every time. But best of all—the photograph is now mine! I won it in an online auction last month, and even though I'll be paying it off via credit card for a while, I have no regrets. Art is the only luxury (necessity?) I don't mind investing in.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your aquisition (sorry for bad spelling)! It is a really nice photo. Does the church ring bells? There are lots of churches that ring bells in Germany. Not so many back in the U.S.. ... I like the train tracks best though. When I lived in Pendleton (Indiana) I used to love to listen to the trains.

January 27, 2007 8:04 a.m.

 
Blogger Dakota said...

Congratulations :) A lovely photograph!

January 27, 2007 11:22 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Thanks Krissa. Don't know if the bells ring or not. LOVE church bells though! And I like the train tracks too....

Thanks Dakota!

January 28, 2007 11:23 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home