Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

does this happen to you as well?

You know when you're trying to comment on a post and you're instructed to "type the characters you see in the picture above" when leaving word verification? Well, many times when I do exactly as I'm told it rejects what I type in (even on my own blog) and proceeds to tell me in angry red letters (with an annoyed-looking exclamation mark first no less), Enter the letters as they are shown in the image. Um, that's what I do the first time, but half the time it doesn't believe me! So now I usually type the non-word very slowly, letter by letter, wondering if either my vision is deteriorating even quicker than I had suspected, or if I'm just going barmy. Well yes, MY bet's on the latter as well, but still! How rude of my own page to not trust my ability to recognize letters! Besides, why should I have to verify anything on my own page? Doesn't it know it's ME who's doing the typing?

4 Comments:

Blogger Dakota said...

I used to have the same problems and I was starting to question my abilities too, but recently things have changed. I don’t know what they did, but it’s definitely better.
Oh and these day’s you don’t need to verify anything on your own page in beta btw. Hooray!

January 18, 2007 8:54 a.m.

 
Blogger kat said...

It is a nuisance KJ but at least it stops the spam.

Dakota - I can't move over to the beta yet because I am part of another group blog (same sign in ) and that can't be converted yet. :-(

January 18, 2007 6:51 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Hi Dakota and Kat,

Hmmm, that's true about the spam. And maybe I should rethink the beta thing again. Do you prefer it?

January 18, 2007 7:59 p.m.

 
Blogger Dakota said...

A few weeks ago I was ready to leave blogger all together because I was getting sick and tired of all the bugs. These days its working fine and I like it better then the previous version because you can change stuff (like the colours of your template, type/fonts, and layout) without any knowledge of html :-).

Kat – I thought everyone was able to switch over now, guess I was wrong.

January 19, 2007 12:54 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home