Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Monday, January 01, 2007

a new beginning?

Love that 2007 begins on a Monday. So appropriate somehow!

I'm not really one to go to any wild parties on New Year's Eve (well, any eve for that matter), but I do like to commemorate the occasion by taking stock of the past year and thinking ahead to what I wish for in the next year. I usually try to list (isn't everything better when listed?) all the good things of the year gone by, goals achieved, what I'm grateful for, and sometimes the stuff that wasn't so great. You know, the good, the bad, the ugly, what went right and what went horribly wrong. And while I definitely don't make resolutions, I do find that this is an excellent time to reassess how my life is going, and what I need to do differently.

My summation for 2006? Well, I won't bore you with the personal details, but suffice it to say that overall this wasn't a very good year (especially in terms of work and relationships), and that it's time to make changes. Big changes. I guess my main goal for next year is to have my life be quite different from the one I'm leading now, which is scary (especially for someone who doesn't particularly like change), but also hopeful. Wish me luck! And good luck with implementing any changes for yourself as well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

KJ, Happy New Year!!! I wish you luck with your resolutions---may you succeed! You are right, it is hard to make changes; but, sometimes changes are for the better.

Dee

January 02, 2007 7:17 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Thanks Dee. Happy New Year to you too!

January 03, 2007 3:49 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home