Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Friday, January 12, 2007

another thing I have yet to understand

Remember the items on my list of 42 Things I Have Yet To Understand? Well, here's another: hairdressers with bad haircuts. This has always fascinated me, and while at some level I get that you can't see yourself the way others do thus making it harder to be objective about your own appearance, I would think that as a hairdresser you'd make damn sure that your own coiffure was up to snuff. After all, if your own hair looks like crap, why would I trust you with mine? Yet time and again I see hairdressers (whether in real life or on TV makeover shows) who look like they ought to be running to the nearest salon begging for an emergency consultation. So how is it that they can transform others but not themselves?

p.s. this certainly doesn't mean that I wouldn't benefit from an emergency salon visit myself, but then again, it's not my livelihood!

6 Comments:

Blogger Dakota said...

Interesting question, just as interesting as the 42 others. Don’t know the answer though and same goes for the others. I am so glad I am not the only one who doesn’t understand stuff :)

January 15, 2007 9:23 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Thanks Dakota. I'm relieved too I'm not the only one. But why is it that I seem to understand less and less as time goes on? Shouldn't the list be getting shorter by now? Snort.

January 15, 2007 10:12 p.m.

 
Blogger Dakota said...

LOL! Maybe we have just too much time on our hands, or maybe it’s just an age thing. The older we get, the more we start to ponder about things. I honestly don’t know why we seem to know more but understand less :) Life is strange!

January 16, 2007 7:37 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Indeed.

January 16, 2007 9:13 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This also applies to personal trainers who are, let me say this nicely, not in shape. Back in my gym days I saw more than a couple people who did get certified as personal trainers, but looked more like an ad for dunkin' donuts. No offense to dunkin donuts or anything. Ha ha!!

January 18, 2007 6:24 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

And makeup artists! Snort. We could start a whole list here! :)

January 18, 2007 7:53 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home