Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

the meme game

Dakota tagged me (thank you!) for the following meme:

A) Available or Single? – definitely single, but MAYBE available for the right person


B) Best Friends? – online or offline?

C) Cake or Pie? – cake, specifically, real Dutch mocha cake, yum

D) Drink of Choice? – water, as I don't consider my must-have coffee in the morning a choice per se ;)

E) Essential item? – computer

F) Favourite Colour? – to wear: blue, to look at: yellow, pink, red, orange – all the cheerful hues

G) Gummi Bears or Worms? – neither, yuck!

H) Hometown? – past: Maasdijk, South Holland, the Netherlands, present: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, future:?

I) Indulgence? – gosh, I guess some would argue that by not having a regular full-time job my whole lifestyle is indulgent

J) January or February? – February as that brings us closer to spring

K) Kids and Names? – Adrian Mole and Kazumi Joy, but because those names didn't really suit kids, I chose to adopt cats instead ;)

L) Life is incomplete without? – creativity, of whatever sort

M) Marriage Date? – well, I confess to fantasizing about wearing a red or black dress when I was young (the only detail of the ceremony that seemed to interest me), but wisely concluded that rebelling against colour wasn't a sufficient enough reason to ever get married :)

N) Number of Siblings? – four (4!), all older, haha!

O) Oranges or Apples? – both, I refuse to choose, or compare ;)

P) Phobias/Fears? – spiders when I was young

Q) Favourite Quote? – I'm a quotaholic, they're ALL my favourites

R) Reasons to smile? – sunshine, books, cats in general, KJ in particular

S) Season? – spring, fall, winter, summer - in that order

T) Tag 3 People? – anyone reading is welcome to play

U) Unknown Fact About Me? – ah, but if I told you it would no longer be unknown!

V) Vegetable You Hate? – mushrooms, ugh, they ought to be banned :(

W) Worst Habit? – none, I am nearly perfect, and if you believe that, ha!

X) X-rays You've Had? – dental primarily

Y) Your Favourite Foods? – desserts, but since I have no willpower and WILL consume the entire thing in a time period too embarrassing for any decent person to admit, I rarely have them in the house

Z) Zodiac? – Scorpio, but a very early Scorpio, so consider myself an honorary late Libra as well

Whaaaaaaat, no more questions? I don't WANT this alphabet to stop! :))

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it would be blue! For some reason I just did, maybe because you aren't that keen on green. I'm not sure that's logical reasoning but anyway. I'll have to consider the honorary Libran bit though. I mean, after your emphasis on the fact that I am older than you I'm not sure that I want your type under my starsign [snicker]. :-D.

March 27, 2007 9:44 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

snort, LOL, snicker

Notice how I made it clear that all my siblings are older too? And, um, honorary members don't usually elect themselves, do they? :))

Glad it's raining there!

March 27, 2007 10:00 p.m.

 
Blogger Dakota said...

So, you are a (maybe) available, creative, rebellious, coffee/water loving Westland girl with on- and offline friends, who likes to be younger than the rest and enjoys being tagged (it’s the list-thing all over again, isn’t it? ;)) and loves all things sweet and bright (colours and sunshine) but dislikes gummi whatever(s) and mushrooms.

Great list, thanks for playing :)

March 28, 2007 5:58 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! MUSHROOMS, you hate mushrooms??? Well that is the first thing I have found that you and I do not share the same opinion. Oh, I love mushrooms. In sauces, on the rare salad when I eat one...I could go on, but I fear I will gross you out. :)

March 28, 2007 10:01 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree Krissa! I love mushrooms as well so KJM is quite strange indeed. Heh heh. :-D

March 28, 2007 6:52 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Hey Dakota,

You summed me up really well! Thanks for letting me play. :)

And Westland reminded me of how I grew up listening to het Westlands Mannenkoor, which I haven't heard in ages as I still have some of their LP's but no record player, BUT I found a site where I might be able to buy their CD's—woohoo!

Well Krissa and Susan, I can only say that it's a good thing I didn't know about your mushroom-loving proclivities before, because well, friendships have ended over much lesser things, haven't they? :))

March 29, 2007 12:52 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment is to "warn" everyone that a comment is going to follow. It is my answers to Dakota's meme. Thanks for giving me the "ok", KJM. Here it comes...

March 29, 2007 2:41 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A) Available or Single? – Neither, but I WAS single and almost not available for about 33 years...Nick's my first and only love. (aw shucks, huh?)

B) Best Friends? – online or offline? (me, too)

C) Cake or Pie? – Neither, haven't had anything with sugar since 1997, but I LOVE fruitcake...yep, I miss fruitcake.

D) Drink of Choice? – tea

E) Essential item? – i wrote "soap", but without water, that wouldn't do much good. ...so, i don't really know.

F) Favourite Colour? – YELLOW

G) Gummi Bears or Worms? – neither, yuck! (ditto)

H) Hometown? – i wasn't born there and don't live there now, but I will always, always consider Pendleton, IN home. it's the best place i ever lived.

I) Indulgence? – in the U.S. i used to make whole wheat pancakes about once a week. now that i'm in germany and there is no such thing as whole wheat pancakes...so it's zakiki. that's a greek yogurt with cucumber and garlic, very good!

J) January or February? – keep going....

K) Kids and Names? – no kids. if i had to pick names for a girl, hmmmm, Bella or Vanessa or Danica (guess anything that ends in "a"). for a boy, (he'd hate me) Kaspar, Rudolph or Oskar. I liked those names even before we lived in Germany. In reality, I wouldn't "do" that to a kid, but I like those names.

L) Life is incomplete without? – Basil :(

M) Marriage Date? – ha! we're still waiting for that to happen. we're "common law" though. we realize now that we should have done it in ny. oh well.

N) Number of Siblings? – 3, all younger, but guess who looks youngest. no foolin'!

O) Oranges or Apples? – i like both, but eat oranges way more often than i eat apples

P) Phobias/Fears? – i was afraid of the dark, no, terrified of the dark until i was 18...now, i'm afraid we will never, ever get rid of these horrible, vile neighbors.

Q) Favourite Quote? –

"Happiness is always a by-product. It is probably a matter of temperament, and for anything I know it may be glandular. But it is not something that can be demanded from life, and if you are not happy you had better stop worrying about it and see what treasures you can pluck from your own brand of unhappiness."

- Robertson Davies

R) Reasons to smile? – Nick, remembering Basil, Paula, family, friends, if I ever get to exercise again, my old "shows" on t.v. in the U.S..

S) Season? – Fall and Spring...no use whatsoever for winter and summer

T) Tag 3 People? – uh-oh

U) Unknown Fact About Me? – when i was 13 years old, my friend who lived next door and i planned to run away from home. we lived in a very small town in nebraska. we picked halloween night. she chickened out. i attempted to run away, but became discouraged when i realized i was never going to be able to walk far enough to get out of the fields, we lived a million miles from anywhere. (at least hitch hiking was never part of the plan, thank Heavens). i went back home pretty let down and with almost no candy since i barely trick or treated because i was "running away".

V) Vegetable You Hate? – cauliflower. i will eat dirt before i ever eat cauliflower again. they taste the same, though. ok. i'd eat haggis! ha ha!!

W) Worst Habit? – worrying. a lot. about almost everything.

X) X-rays You've Had? – dental

Y) Your Favourite Foods? – mexican, pretty much anything mexican. but i gave up cheese so....plain refried beans i guess.

Z) Zodiac? – TAURUS!

March 29, 2007 2:45 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, one more...YAY Susan!! Mushrooms are awesome! :) {Sorry KJM...to have your own blog used to praise your most hated vegetable....how rude! :)}

March 29, 2007 2:49 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh Krissa? I luuuuuuuuuuuuurve cauliflower. Yum yum. Cauliflower and broccoli smothered in cheese sauce.

March 29, 2007 8:24 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Dirt Krissa? Snort. And I ain't saying a word about your most hated vegetable - I'll leave that up to you and Suzie Q. ;)

Taurus eh? Would you believe I don't know anyone else under that sign?

March 29, 2007 9:40 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick only knows one Taurus, too. And wouldn't you know it, it's me. :) ... I do love broccoli even without cheese. I know broccoli and cauliflower are siblings, but BLECH! Susan, there is a recipe, I believe on Atkins (the diet) website that has a recipe for cauliflower "mashed potatos". You might like it. I thought I'd try it, but could never bring myself to. If you do try it, let me know if it still has any (gag) cauliflower taste. :)

March 30, 2007 11:46 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home