Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

not a lotta grace

Do you know how difficult it is to run and catch a bus when you have a full knapsack on your back AND a grocery bag in each hand? Do you know how ridiculous a person looks even attempting such a feat? Think penguin crossed with, well, me. I'm quite sure the bus driver waited just because he was enjoying the spectacle. Never mind. One of the things I love about being in my early forties is not giving a toss anymore. Well, not as much. ;)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what, having lived in NYC, I do know exactly what a person with a full backpack and two shopping bags running to catch a bus looks like! You'd fit right in! :)

May 31, 2007 10:59 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a familiar scene to me, only make that two shopping bags in each hand and when it's pouring rain, carrying an umbrella too! It helps to keep one's bus pass in a pocket where it is easy to reach.

June 01, 2007 12:00 a.m.

 
Blogger Dakota said...

I know how difficult that is from experience! And isn’t it annoying how the backpack can bob up and down (or sway from left to right) and really hurt your back at times?

June 01, 2007 9:10 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that Anonymous lives in NYC! :) I had forgotten the rain and desperately trying to pull the Metro Card out. But, the umbrella usually ends up blown indside-out by the wind and left in the gutter. (I never did that, though..my umbrellas went nicely into the trash can) :). ... As for the wayward backpacks, yep KMJ, I do remember the downward pull with every running-step taken. It's not much fun and it really hampers your running! :)

June 01, 2007 11:45 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

And who says blogging can't be therapeutic? I feel less like a dork already. ;)

Rain! Yes, I forgot that too. And the bobbing and swaying of the knapsack -- what a pain.

Thanks for the input everyone! :)

June 01, 2007 12:01 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home