Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Thursday, May 24, 2007

day 2

Which means that now I really AM tired and sore! Snort. One more day to go this week, but why, oh why did I leave the largest, dirtiest and warmest room for last? And it was hot today too as we got our first taste of summer. The worst part though was finding this poor little mouse stuck on one of those horrible glue traps first thing in the morning. It was obviously in distress, and while I can understand people not wanting mice around, I still hate to see any living creature suffer. I couldn't rescue it though, and I didn't see anything around that I could use to end its life quickly and humanely. Poor thing. I ended up leaving it because I didn't know what to do, but I hope it doesn't live much longer. Sigh.

Okay, a quick before-and-after shot of one of the baseboards to give you an idea of what I'm up against, and then I'm outa here!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the heat. It was so hot today here, too. I could almost cry because we are in for a horrible summer. It feels as bad as Brooklyn did in June/July and we're not out of May yet!!! ... Those *($())%)(*&&! glue traps! That makes me so mad. And do you know what people do, they throw them in the trash or flush them down the toilet while they're still alive!!!! We had mice when we were in Newark and our landlord (lived in the building) used those. We said no thanks and got one of those electronic "scare the mice away" things. It didn't work. I was scared we'd get sick because they spent a lot of time in our kitchen and there were droppings all over, but I just couldn't kill them like that. :( Sorry you had to see that. Especially on top of the cleaning nightmare in the heat. ...Here's to a better day tomorrow, at least temperature-wise. :)

May 25, 2007 4:46 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Yeah, they're predicting a hot summer here again too. At least Friday was less humid, so that helped a bit.

I'd never seen those glue traps before, but they seem awfully inhumane to me. Thankfully the mouse had passed away when I got back the next day. Poor thing.

May 27, 2007 5:43 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home