Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Monday, September 03, 2007

what can I say about season 3?

Season 3 of The Mary Tyler Moore Show (she sheds the wig she wore in the first two seasons making her look older) proved to be just as enjoyable as Seasons 1 and 2. The only disappointment was the lack of bonus features.

I still love the theme music, the opening and closing credits, Mary's apartment, the house it's located in (gotta love THAT house!) and the acting of course. Episodes were funny, or poignant, always smartly written, and one of them even made me cry. I especially love how the characters of both Mary and Rhoda mature and evolve and reflect the changing times.

Episodes of note include Rhoda The Beautiful (where Rhoda finally recognizes her own beauty), You've Got A Friend (a touching episode about Mary and her father—this is the one that made me cry) and My Brother's Keeper (where a guest character is revealed to be gay—an issue not often addressed back in 1973).


But do you know what I really want? To be able to get a peek inside Mary's bathroom. Her apartment is a set of course, but I still want to see ALL of it! This season I was lucky enough to see the hallway and the stairs that lead to Rhoda's apartment, but I can't seem to stop wishing for a glimpse into the room that's never been shown. Snort.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea that MTM was so "deep". But it was more than 30 years ago that I saw it. And I do remember that she had a pretty cool apartment. If I remember correctly, Rhoda's seemed dark to me and I didn't like it. I'm remembering it that there were no windows? ... Glad you got to see Season 3! :)

September 04, 2007 5:54 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Yeah, I didn't like Rhoda's apartment either. Still don't. It's primarily red and dark orange, making it small and claustrophic, in my opinion. :)

September 06, 2007 3:50 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

So claustrophobic in fact, that I couldn't even spell the word right the first time. ;)

September 06, 2007 3:52 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home