Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Saturday, September 08, 2007

when all else fails

Sometimes, when you have a really difficult decision to make, and the usual pros and cons list just doesn't seem to help (don't you just hate it when they balance each other out?) try asking what it is that your spirit needs right now. Not necessarily wants, but needs. In other words, what would be a good soulution? Okay, I didn't make up that word myself, and can't quite remember where it came from, but it's a term I really like.

And if that doesn't work, envision as fully as you can the outcomes from whatever decision you're trying to make, and see how each one makes you feel. Imagine that you've already decided the course of action you're going to take. Do you feel lighter, relieved, and happier, or disappointed, or worse, left with a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach? Your feelings often point the way as to what you really want to do, and this may be one way to reach that difficult decision.

Okay, off to follow my own advice. ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Dakota said...

Wise words! I hope you’ll find the answers you are looking for :-)

September 11, 2007 4:49 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...the big grey box is back. It is covering all but the first and last sentence of this post. :( All I can read is that there is a difficult decision and that you are off to follow your own advice. So, I "second" what Dakota said. And I will find out soon what I missed, yes? (the box is almost as big as the window that appears for leaving comments and the grey is darker than the background on the comment box. ??? very weird!)

September 11, 2007 3:51 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Still lookin' Dakota. But thanks. ;)

Yeah, I don't know what that was all about Krissa. At least I can email the stuff you missed! :)

September 13, 2007 5:46 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for that email. Because guess what. The Evil Box is still there!

September 17, 2007 2:39 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home