Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Saturday, September 22, 2007

who needs Dr. Phil when there's Dr. Seuss? :)

Or self-help books for that matter. I have a shelf full of the genre, but having been deprived in childhood of the excellent literature provided by Dr. Seuss, how was I supposed to know that all I really needed could be found in Oh, the Places You'll Go!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy
[gal] who'll decide where to go.

That pretty much sums it up, does it not? Snort.

(click here for the full version)

p.s. posting may be sporadic for a while as I start steering myself in the right direction…

3 Comments:

Blogger Dakota said...

Very wise words! So, you have your compass out and are hitting the road ;-) Good for you! Have a safe and successful trip :-)

September 24, 2007 9:12 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good ol' Dr. Seuss! :) And I really love that passage. Nice post and very interesting to find it at this point in life, eh? :)

September 24, 2007 1:30 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Thanks Dakota! And yes Krissa, I love it when I find passages that dovetail nicely with whatever's going on in my own life. :)

September 25, 2007 3:40 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home