Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Monday, September 04, 2006

my 100th post!

Are you ready? Think you know what's coming up? Nope, that 100-things-about-me list ain't gonna happen. There are too many good ones out there already, and the last thing I need is MORE pressure. There, with that out of the way, don't you feel just a teensy bit relieved? Snort. But not to worry, when you're least expecting it, that's when I'll spring something similar!

I did want to commemorate the occasion though, so let me point out what Wikipedia says about 100. Besides the usual mathematical stuff like 100 being the square of 10, the sum of the first nine prime numbers, and the basis of percentages, it tells me that 100 is also:

* the number of verses in the pop song 99 Bottles of Beer
* the number of tiles in a standard Scrabble (my favourite game!) set
* the police telephone number in Greece, India and Israel
* the operator telephone number in the United Kingdom, and
* the record number of points scored in one NBA game

I then thought I'd list a few books with "one hundred" in the title to go along with one of my own favourites, One Hundred Years of Solitude, but when I checked my online local library listings, I found 1094 titles. Yikes! I certainly wasn't going to go through all of them and since my OCD tendencies will not allow me to check one without having to finish the entire list, well, you're just out of luck. Or IN luck, depending on your point of view.

So, a couple of quotes to round out the post instead:

Our sun is one of 100 billion stars in our galaxy. Our galaxy is one of billions of galaxies populating the universe. It would be the height of presumption to think that we are the only living beings in that enormous immensity. —WERNHER VON BRAUN (1912-77, German Rocket Pioneer)

Wonder if there is life on another planet? Let's suppose there is. Suppose further, that only one star in a trillion has a planet that could support life. If that were the case, then there would be at least 100 million planets that harboured life. —BEN SWEETLAND

Hmmm, interesting to think about. I usually don't though, because my brain can't fathom those types of numbers, or the implications. It's just too much. But this, THIS post, is my 100th, and THAT I can comprehend. :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Did you go to ice your hands from the writers cramp of all these posts? lol.

September 05, 2006 1:01 a.m.

 
Blogger Kitty Cats Corner said...

CONGRATS!! Wow - 100 posts. Will I ever make it?? *giggle*

Way to go and keep up the brilliant work. We look forward to the next 100.

Purrs - Your friends @ The Kitty Cats Corner

September 05, 2006 4:53 a.m.

 
Blogger Country Dweller said...

Congratulations. Nice going, muse. Looking forward to the first of the next hundred.

September 05, 2006 7:04 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Aw, thanks guys! I appreciate it. :)

September 06, 2006 11:11 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home