Welcome to my humble hodgepodge of humour columns, quotes, tips, snippets, musings and ramblings. Ready? If so, get comfy and make yourself at home!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

winter wonderland




February 14/07, snow as ordered by a certain mum of two, no doubt ;)

Why, you might be asking yourself, are there lawn chairs on my deck in the middle of winter? No, it's not extreme laziness on my part (not that you were thinking that of course—were you?), but my landlord screwed them down permanently. I don't mind. If nothing else I can quickly see how much snow has accumulated. And see the ground right below the fence? That's how close to the house the train tracks are!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moi?? Are you casting nasturtiums upon my character? :)). When it's you, living in Canada as you do, feeding my snow photos addiction! I think the sheer volume and whiteness of it all is simply stunning. It's so pretty it almost looks artificial. However I'm not willing to endure -26C to live in it. To think that at the moment there's approximately a 64 degrees C temperature difference between your place and mine. Does that make the world seem larger or smaller?

February 15, 2007 11:01 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

LOL

Feeding your addiction? Does that make me an enabler of sorts? Snort.

Yeah, that degree difference is almost mind-boggling. And in my opinion makes the world seem both larger AND smaller. They're not sure yet when our deep freeze is going to end, but I still wouldn't trade it for your hot temps I don't think.

February 15, 2007 11:32 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. I've been through so many winters like that. I don't envy you. Although it *is* pretty to look at.

February 16, 2007 8:10 a.m.

 
Blogger Dakota said...

Wow, that is a lot of snow! A real winter wonderland :)

February 17, 2007 5:11 a.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Yes, pretty but BLINDING. Take it away already!

February 17, 2007 5:16 p.m.

 
Blogger KJ's muse said...

It's official. The Tuesday-Wednesday storm set a two-day Hamilton snowfall record of 46.4 cm (30.4 cm fell on Tuesday alone), beating the previous record of 43.9 cm set April (April!) 8-9, 1979.

February 17, 2007 7:46 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home